- You are here:
- Product Marketing Manager
Do you have experience uncovering a product's core benefits, marketing to an enterprise buyer, or navigating a sales process? Product marketers are at the intersection of all teams. A Product Marketing Manager is a collaborative and process-driven product marketer who helps craft GitLab's enterprise story, align to our sales process, and deliver effective go-to-market and sustain campaigns.
The Product Marketing Manager role includes 4 key areas of focus:
- Enterprise-focused product messaging
- Enterprise-focused GTM
- Sales enablement
- Market research
- Conduct market research to understand buyer personas, competitive landscape, and other data to help influence marketing, sales, and product decisions.
- Own sales enablement materials and training.
- Work with product and engineering to craft the enterprise story for new and existing features.
- Work with sales, demand generation, and content marketing to create content and campaigns that is geared to our enterprise audience.
- Help technical writing and engineering to create documentation that address audience needs.
- Technical background or clear understanding of developer products.
- 3-5 years of experience in product marketing, preferably with experience in marketing to enterprise companies.
- Able to coordinate across many teams and perform in fast-moving startup environment.
- Excellent spoken and written English
- You share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
Partner and Channel Specialist
Are you a passionate marketer with impressive management skills who has mastered the art of building relationships and executing on exciting new projects? GitLab is looking for an awesome Product Marketing Manager to design, develop, and execute GitLab’s partner and channel marketing programs, including go-to-market and sustain campaigns for named industry and channel partners.
This role includes creating and managing marketing programs for both industry and channel partners.
- Develop GitLab's partner marketing playbook to build a scalable framework that can be leveraged across new industry partnerships.
- Work with industry partners to build strong joint marketing value propositions that fit within each company’s messaging and GTM strategies.
- Develop strategies to implement bigger and better co-marketing campaigns with industry partners (ie. Partner blogs, webinars, ebooks, customer stories, social etc.).
- Work closely with the Director of Strategic Partnerships to execute our vision on strategic initiatives.
- Maintain positive and productive relationship with industry partners. Keeping in mind that sustaining partnerships is equally, if not more, important than launching them.
- Build efficient and effective methods to work with channel partners to build channel success and pipeline, as well as provide insight into successes/losses.
- Develop a channel marketing collateral and sales enablement toolkit to support the onboarding and sustain of our channel partners.
- Set quarterly targets, objectives, and key results across our industry and channel marketing programs and report on progress made.
- 2-4 years experience in product marketing, preferably at an enterprise technology company
- A proven track record for creating compelling joint positioning and messaging
- Strong communication skills without a fear of over communication. This role will require effective collaboration and coordination across internal and external contributors
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized, able to manage multiple projects to meet deadlines
- BONUS: A passion and strong understanding of the industry and our mission
- Become product & market expert for GitLab, able to read trends and quickly iterate on messages our marketing & sales team can use
- Produce of collateral such as decks, whitepapers, one pages, case studies, comparison, etc.
- Prepare training curriculum & material for consumption by salespeople & associated functions (BDRs, SDRs, Solution Architects etc.)
- Work with our partners & channels to successful drive the sales of GitLab’s product offerings.
- At least 6 years software marketing experience, including 4 directly in product marketing
- Experience designing sales collateral from scratch based on sales conversations, sales calls, product interviews, user interviews, market research, and your own experience
- Experience in building sales enablement collateral and the corresponding training to ensure that salespeople can confidently and accurately deliver GitLab's enterprise value proposition.
- Experience with sales enablement in a partner & alliances context
- Relevant experience using or building software products, particularly Cloud software, collaboration software, or developer tools
- Experience managing sales requirements & expectations in a fast-growing environment
- Obsessive about quality, clarity, details, & execution
- Market research experience
- Stay on top of trends in the space via conferences, publications, social media, etc.
- Experience with remote-friendly, remote-mostly or remote-only work cultures
- Experience at multiple SaaS companies
- Direct experience in the Developer Tools or Collaboration spaces e.g. Atlassian, GitHub, JetBrains, Slack, Xamarin, New Relic, etc.
- Marketing experience beyond Product Marketing