- You are here:
- Gitaly Lead
The Gitaly Team Lead is responsible for leading the Gitaly product, an effort to speed up git access in GitLab by moving git operations closer to the data and migrating away from NFS.
The Gitaly Lead reports to the Director of Infrastructure.
- Responsible for the delivery of the Gitaly product
- Responsible for the Gitaly product roadmap. This consists of migrations, optimization, and managing technical debt
- Coordinates with the team and other GitLab engineers and managers to plan work for the next sprint
- Leads Gitaly team retrospectives and iteration kick-off meetings
- Communicates the status and roadmap for the product within the company and with the GitLab community.
- Ensures that high quality, useful documentation is produced for the software
- Interviews applicants for Gitaly team positions
- Conducts 1:1 meetings with all reports every 1-3 weeks (depending on the experience of the report)
- Is available for 1:1 meetings on request from a report
- Delivers input on promotions, function changes, demotions and firings in consultation with the CEO, CTO, Director of Infrastructure, and VP of Engineering
- Ensures that the technical decisions and processes set by the VP of Engineering, Director of Infrastructure, and CTO are followed
NOTE In the compensation calculator below, fill in "Lead" in the
Level field for this role.